Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 500 error when i try to add a field

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Veratyr 11 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi there.

First of all i want to apologize about my English. I hope you'll understand what i'm talking about.

hidden link

I've installed "types" plugin and when i try to add a new field (1 on image) i get ajax-loader animation and an 500 error in browser's console(2 on image).

I tried to reinstall the plug-in, but it did not help.

Please tell me how to diagnose the problem in more detail and to fix it?

Dear Veratyr,

The exact error message for a 500 error will be in your web server's error log. Do you have access to it? Maybe from your hosting control panel?

Regards,
Caridad

CaridadZ, thanks for your reply.

Hmm. When i goes to "Access & Error Logs" section i see emtpy log o_O

I have written the hosting technical support to learn how to obtain a more exact error message.

Maybe there is still way to diagnose the problem and speed up its decision? Please, if anyone has any information, I'd be grateful.

Hmm. It looks like it's a bug in the plugin, not the server problem.

I use WPML woth my site, and when I changed administration language to english in my user profile it's work. But it's not working with Russian.

Can someone help me? 🙂

Dear Veratyr,

I have tried to reproduce your problem with russian language enabled without success. Can you send me a dump of your database so I can try to replicate the bug? If you could also send me access to your Dashboard it will be easier for me. I will send you a private email requesting it.

Regards,
Caridad

I've sent all needed info. Please check your email. Thank you.

Dear Veratyr,

I have tested locally and in your server and its working. I cant reproduce your issue. Can you tell me the steps to follow?

Regards,
Caridad

You tested it in russian language? I think not 😉

I've tested it again and i still can reproduce it. Steps to reproduce:

1. Login on my AdminCP.
2. Make sure that the Russian language.
3. Follow the steps from screenshot: hidden link

Dear Veratyr,

I cant reproduce the issue locally with your sql file. Even with russian language files, it works. The ajax request looks perfect (no russian characters) so the only thing left is an error in the server log. Did your hosting get back to you?

Regards,
Caridad

> "I cant reproduce the issue locally with your sql file."

Ok. But you can reproduce it on my server?

> "Did your hosting get back to you?"

Sorry, did not understand the question. Please rephrase it. If you think problem in hosting, Then it is not. I've tested it on clean installation and it works perfectly on the same hosting. It seems the problem is in only this installation. Maybe something is incorrectly installed in WPML or Types.

Thank you.

Dear Veratyr,

I can reproduce it on your server but thats no use to me because I cant see the error in the web server error log.

An error 500 is a generic error message displayed to the final user and the real error message is in the web server error log.

I dont mean to blame your hosting, we just need to get an error message from them.

Regards,
Caridad

"Premature end of script headers" - it's the text of error from log.

Only this errors exists in log but i think they are not relevant to the case.

Dear Veratyr,

In that case we need to get the error message from PHP. Can you enabled WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file and follow the instructions for PHP Debugging here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

We should get an error message in the error_log.txt file, in the same folder as wp-config.php

Regards,
Caridad

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.