Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add custom fields to custom taxonomies terms

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoA-4 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

I am trying to: Add 1 or more custom fields to custom taxonomies. Example: a image or icon to illustrate each category.

This is possible through php. Example: hidden link

Can this be done with Types? Or is it planned?

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Unfortunately, this is not possible with Types so far. However, you can add custom fields with a taxonomy, which are displayed on attached post type, only in case that particular taxonomy term was used.

For example, if you have taxonomy named 'Tax', and you have 2 terms added 'Tax 1' and 'Tax 2'. And this taxonomy is attached with standard 'Post'. So when you create (or edit) a post and attach the term 'Tax 1' with your post, you will be able to see related custom fields on post edit screen, after saving this post.

But, these custom fields are not for your intended usage, as you mentioned.

I will forward your valuable suggestion to our concerned department. It may take a legitimate time for a consideration as a feature in a future release.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

Thanks for your reply.

I know I can add fields to a post if it has a certain taxonomy term, but that not what I want. I do need a field associated with the taxonomy term itself.

It would be nice to to have this feature on Types.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.