Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After theme update lists by category don't show custom post types anymore

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucaD-6 9 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi all,
I've set a custom post type with category taxonomy, but after theme update lists by category (like: mysite.com/catefory/blue/) doesn't show the list of custom posts anymore.
Now they show only if I add manually "?post_type=mycustomtype" to the URL with all the problems related to menus.
I've set up a child theme but no modifications are applied to php for the moment, any ideas?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Luca,

Thanks for contacting us.

Could you provide me with a temporary admin account so that I can take a look a this for you.

I will be enabling the private fields so that you can submit the credentials.

Also the issue could be because your urls need to be refreshed. Could you refresh your permalinks by changing it to the default and then back to the Postname.

Hi Shane,
thank you for the support, permalinks trick didn't work, but at this point I've decided to treat separately posts and custom types (changing links etc.).
If I have some news I'll contact you soon!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Luca,

Is there any updates on this one?

Please let me know.

Hi Shane,
thanks for the interest, I've solved right now using this code inside my custom functions.php file:

function custompostcat(  $cpc )
{
    if ( $cpc->is_category && empty($cpc->query_vars['post_type'])) {
        $cpc->query_vars['post_type'] = 'any';
    }
}
add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'custompostcat' );

Hope it helps!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.