Skip Navigation

[Resolved] All Items

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreaM-3 10 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have create a custom post type, but I can't get the archive page running regardless the many attempt to flush the rewrite rules cache or to restart the apache server. All I get is a 404 error page.
I'm coding locally on a virtual machine, so can't really provide access to the site but it shouldn't be that complicate to solve. However, this is getting me crazy.

Any help?

Hi andreaM-3,

Are you using the latest version of Types?
Please try deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.

Yest the latest version is in use. I have figured out the problem is when I use the Custom URL format to prepend posts with a slug and "virtually" nest it under a page level.

So I have this scenario.

/page/ <- this is a real WP page

and I want to obtain the following
/page/cptslug/ <- this should be the archive page of my CPT

As soon as I insert the following in the custom URL /pageCPTSlug, my custom post type stop working.

Any idea?

By flushing the rewirting rules I got the CPT working, but I still face a 404 problem when the slug is rewritten in the Advanced field

So I have

/page/ <- this is a real WP page
/cptslug/ <- this is the slug of my CPT that in my case is post-list

I want to obtain this
/page/cptslug/ <- archive page to be shown
or
/page/post-list/

So far only this works
/page/post-list/my-archived-post <- custom post type
whereas a 404 is returned when I try to access to
/page/post-list/

I have tried to create an archive.php page with the following combinations:
archive-post-list.php
archive-page-post-list.php

Any idea?

I figured out the problem. I was having an extra / at the beginning of the custom rewrite.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.