Skip Navigation

[Closed] Bug: wpcf_fields_slug_*_value_get/save not called on posts with children

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

As title. When I hook into wpcf_fields_value_get only the fields in my child post type is passed into my filter function.

Can you show me your code? I need to reproduce the exact same thing here.

As simple as

add_filter('wpcf_fields_value_get', function ($meta, $field) {
    var_dump($field);
}, 10, 2);

The Parent's custom fields will not trigger this function.

Thanks. I will check that with Types development team.

Are you talking about back-end or front-end? Is it about CPT edit screen? Please explain a bit more your issue. If you could attach an image would be perfect.

Yes, this is the backend when editing a post.

I think some user already reported it. We are checking this right now and I will let you know as soon as I find something.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

I don't have any test environments on hand.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Add a Type (Type A)
2. Add another Type (Type B), and set its parent to A.
3. Add custom fields for both A and B.
4. Add the code above (var_dump one) to the current theme's functions.php.
5. Add a new Type A entry.
6. Edit it. You will see var_dump being run on custom fields belonging to Type B but not those of Type A.

Thanks for those steps, I will try to reproduce the same thing here. I will be back as soon as I reproduce this one.

Yes, you are right. I will pass this to our development team and then notify you. Thank you for your understanding

It sounds like a bug. Our development team will handle this soon and you will be notified. Thank you for reporting that and for your understanding.

18.png
19.png

We can not confirm. When I change code to this:

add_filter('wpcf_fields_value_get', function ($meta, $field) {
    return 'foo';
}, 10, 2);

Than I have filled by "foo" all fields. See attached images.

The topic ‘[Closed] Bug: wpcf_fields_slug_*_value_get/save not called on posts with children’ is closed to new replies.