Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot update Types plugin

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices.

Last updated by nachoL 9 years ago.

Assisted by: Peter.

Author

I'm having trouble updating the free "Types" plugin from within WP admin. When I click the Update now link, it comes back with the following error:

Types cannot update because your site's registration is not valid. Please register Toolset again for this site first.

I'm running Types version 1.6.6.2 and I'm trying to update to 1.6.6.3. WP version is 4.1.3.

After looking into the problem a bit more, I was actually able to successfully update the plugin by logging into my Toolset account, registering my site and copying/pasting the code into the Types installer. Will all installations need to be registered to install and/or update the plugin?

I am having the same issue, I am trying to update it on both my live website and localhost (my offline development) and keep getting this error. WP version is 4.2

Found a solution! Anthony head over to https://toolset.com/account/sites/ and add in your sites URL - even your localhost URL and then you should get a key. Try the update now and see if that works

I registered my site and obtained a key but I still can't update the free plugin. Is there an additional step?

Having same problem. Registered website, see the key after registration, but where do I place the key? Going back into WP and clicking Update plugin just keeps getting same error for 1.6.6.3, saying it needs to be registered.

Yes sorry there is one more step

Go to Types > Installer

Click Register Toolset
Paste your Key that is given to you when you register your url there, hit OK

Now you are good to update!

Thanks, that worked!

I'm closing this ticket as you Gentleman has find a solution for yourself.

Still caught in a useless circle. The plug-in is installed (old), claims it's not and won't install. Won't update and I can't find Types> Installer to add the key? Any ideas?

Robert B,

What version of Types are you using? On the side menu, submenu of Types you do not see Installer?

My original question remains unanswered. Is it now necessary to register in order to use the free Types plugin?

If so, while I do appreciate the effort in creating and maintaining this product, I do not wish to register every site that I use the plugin on. I have enough headaches with licenses and registrations and passwords. This plugin has been a excellent "go to" tool when needed but I really don't care to jump through additional hoops for the convenience. I will most likely be researching new solutions or just go back to coding CPTs myself.

If registration is not required, then great! I will continue using Types and life will be good 🙂

Anthony P,

I am just a user of this plugin, but from the looks of it each instance of the plugin will need to be listed under your sites. I do not think you need to create an account for each site, but when you install Types onto a website or local host login and add it to the website list. It looks like you will need a key to actually perform an update, but again you can add multiple sites to a single login account so it shouldn't be too troublesome. Types is by far the best custom post type/field plugin around so a slight bit of extra work doesn't seem like too much to go through - this is coming from someone who is putting new sites online weekly.

I tried and I can't update Types. There is a bug. I have a spacial network installation, and nothing seems to work.
My site is installed in a subfolder like this: hidden link.
My installer page is this: hidden link
When I click register the link that is generated by this plugin is like the above (hidden link) (and yes I can register), however in order to update a plugin, this is done from network and the url changes to:
hidden link, it will say the code is invalid.
So, I can't put a different code for the base network admin site and can't update individually as it will say it is invalid.
Thoughts?

It works for me.
Thanks for your work!
n.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.