Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't edit CPTs or Add new posts

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robG-4 9 years ago.

Assisted by: emerson.

Author

I am trying to: Add or edit a custom post type created with WP-Types

Hello,
Emerson was helping with a related issue - that issue was the inability to "view all" of my custom post types. That issue was resolved.

However, we never tested further. I just went to edit a custom post there was no data, no edit bar, no post content and I was unable to add or update anything. So I tried creating a new custom post by selecting "add new" - and the same thing happened - compltely unable to add a new post.

Emerson has the login information for my test server which I've left up and running for your developers to test the previous issue on.

Thank you!
Rob

Dear Rob,
Thanks for the details. About the test site you are referring to. We have not been able to access this site (not accessible as of this moment): hidden link
This is the only site that we have access to before (in this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cpt-edit-phppost_typeandroid-shows-blank-screen/).
Is this site still working? if this is the site having issues on editing or adding new posts. Please restore the access so we can check. I'm enbling your next reply as private just in case you want to add the login details again. Thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Emerson

Hi Emerson,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I took that site down (it was costing me about $12 a day ;).

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to use WP-Types. The performance issues were not something
I have the time to work around.

Just FYI - I tried some of your competitors - they weren't much better! lol

Looking through all the Worpdress posts regarding performance and Customer Fields/Post Types - this seems to be a long standing issue for anyone more than 3-4000 posts….or, to put it another way, anyone with more the 500K rows of "custom" postmeta data.

I don't know why but that seems to be the consensus. Pods didn't work well, ACF didn't work well…but the WordPress core custom fields work fine.

Thank you and your team for the great effort!
Rob

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.