Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Child taxonomy not displaying correctly in post editor

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by whitW 9 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
Taxonomy_Widget.png
Taxonomy_Editor.png

I am trying to: figure out why my child taxonomies for parent taxonomy "Car Decals" are not displaying correctly in the taxonomy widget on the post editor page. I added the first child "Animal Car Decals" and it shows up as a child. When I added the second and third child taxonomies, they did NOT display as child taxonomies in the taxonomy widget on the post editor page. Although they do show up as child taxonomies on the taxonomy editor page. See attached screen shots.

I visited this URL: NA

I expected to see: Explained above.

Instead, I got: Explained above (see screen shots)

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Actually, there's nothing wrong about it. This is the natural (and default) behavior of Word Press' hierarchical taxonomies (on post editor).

Your taxonomies are still hierarchical (parent/child). This metabox however, just displays the "selected" ones on top. If you select Fantasy Car Decals and update the post, you will see it coming under it's parent. All unchecked (or not selected) taxonomies are listed below the selected ones.

In short, this isn't a bug, it's a built-in behavior of Word Press.

Thanks. Good to know.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.