Skip Navigation

[Closed] Conditional field not showing untili page is saved

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 9 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 1.49.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 1.47.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 1.47.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 1.46.57 PM.png

I am trying to: Show dependent field on the page upon checking "Show dependant elements" checkbox (without having to save a page with checkbox checked)

I visited this URL: Any Page in wp-admin section

I expected to see: "This is dependent field" shown

Instead, I got: "This is dependent field" is not shown (until I save (Update) page)

This was working on version Version 1.5.7 of Types, and is not working any more.

Thanks,

Marko

single-line-field.png
on uncheck .png
on check (no page save necessary).png
checkbox-field.png

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum
and for providing the Debug Informations

Please could you try to update this Software?:
- WordPress

?? Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ??
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please try again afterwards.

It works just great on my local test install using WordPress 4.2 and all stable Toolset Plugins.

Please also check the Browser Console for eventual error messages (i.e. JS errors) when checking the Checkbox in the Post Editor.

In case the issue persist, please could you try to check if the issue also persist with our Default Theme Toolset Bootstrap and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Please also check my screenshots, I shared the test settings of my 2 Custom Fields. Perhaps you have different settings in your Check Box Field

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you

Hi Beda,

I will try with your proposed solution and let you know how it goes.

in the meantime, can you please let me know if you've tried to check/uncheck a checkbox after saving a a page with chckbox unchecked?

Thanks,

Marko

Thanks for trying!

I can confirm that the dependent field on the page shows upon checking "Show dependant elements" checkbox (without having to save a page with checkbox checked)

It also works if I save the page without having it Checked before, with and without content.

I attached a link to a short screencast to confirm this:
hidden link

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists!

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Conditional field not showing untili page is saved’ is closed to new replies.