Skip Navigation

[Closed] Confused about types & structure for my portfolio website

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paweł Pela 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Paweł Pela.

Author

Hi,

today I'm a bit confused about how to realize my portfolio website with wordpress and types. My current portfolio site is running with a cms from an agency. I want to switch to wordpress, because my blog is already made with wordpress and wp-views.

What I don't know how to do is the portfolio part.

Scenario:
I have a photoshooting with x amount of images. All these photo should be shown in a slider in one portfolio-post. Each photo of the slider has a second photo to compare, so that the user can click on a button in the left top corner of each image to compare the before and after photo. The photo to compare blends over the other.

If you want to see, how this works now, here's an example: hidden link

Just click on the button "Turn HDR off" to compare the photo, and click on the left and right arrows to slide through. You will see, that every photo has the possibility to compare with the "normal" photo.

So now I didn't get an idea, how to realize this with wp-views/types. Can anybody help me with an idea? How to combine/setup types?

Thanx a lot!

Greetings
Achim

Dear Achim,

This can be achieved like this:

1. Create a Photoshoot custom post type. Here you will add descriptions etc.

2. Create a Photo custom post type and set it to be a child of Photoshoot. This will store your Photos.

3. Add a new Custom Field group, for example Photos Metadata.

4. In this group create two image fields: one for original photo and second for HDR photo.

5. Create a slider View for Photos CPT in which you will have to add both images and apply CSS classes to them appropriately, so only the first one is visible at first, etc. Set the View to get children of parent set by parent View.

6. Create a Content Template for Photoshoot.

7. Insert you Photos slider in the template for Photoshoot.

Hope this helps.

It all boils down to having a Photoshoot->Photos CPT relationship and using two custom fields to store the images data.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

@pawel

thanx!! I will check this out an let you know, if I got it 🙂

Greetz
Achim

Dear Achim,

OK, give me an update once you get it all set up!

Regards,
Paweł

The topic ‘[Closed] Confused about types & structure for my portfolio website’ is closed to new replies.