Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template not working after updating views plugin

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rizwanaY 10 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hello there,

I've just updated / upgraded the Views plugin from version 1.2.3 to 1.5.1. After updating, i saw pages of custom posts, there is nothing! Content template is already applied. I can't understand why it is not showing up!!

Really urgent!

Thank u & Regards
Rizwana

Dear Rizwana,

Did you update the Views plugin together with the Types plugin? Both plugins need to be updated together.

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

I've updated both of them! Still, issue remains the same..

The page of custom post is getting opened but i can't see any custom field there. It directly shows the comment part immediate after title. It's not even showing post body text!

Plz reply ASAP

Dear Rizwana,

Try switching to a default theme to make sure that the theme is not related to your problem. If that doesn't help, can you give me access to your Dashboard using the boxes below the comment area?

Thanks,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

I've done that before, i mean switched to default theme..

Just now i made another content template & started saving it field by field. Now the custom field's values are visible. Still, i need to know why it was not working before..

Regards,
Rizwana 🙂

One more question...

Is there any problem with "nested if" condition in content template? It was working fine in previous template (before i upgraded views). Now, a [/wpv-if] tag is showing up for each of nested condition.

Here is my code:

[wpv-if evaluate="'[types field='status' separator=', '][/types]' == 'Married'"] 

[wpv-if anniversary_date="wpcf-anniversary_date" evaluate="!empty($anniversary_date)"]
                        Anniversary Date: [types field="anniversary_date" class="" style=""][/types]
           	[/wpv-if]  

[/wpv-if] 

I want, only if anyone selects "Married" from Status (select list), only then his anniversary date will be shown. Definitely, i can do it with conditional dependency of fields while adding custom fields. The issue is, it was working fine before! but now it outputs anniversary date (if filled) & [/wpv-if]

Regards,
🙂

Dear Rizwana,

Below the comment area you will find some private boxes where you can put your access details. I will take a look at your Dashboard and see whats wrong.

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

Sorry but we do not get the access info. Otherwise, i would've given you before! I used one idea in that template, i removed all the "if" conditions, which i kept to validate if the fields are blank or not, so that it should not display only labels! Now the fields are visible.

Is there anything like "queries limitation" with this new version of view? Coz, in this case lesser the no. of queries, more the fields are visible!

When no. of queries exceeds, the post page does not show any of the fields including post body!!

Regards,
🙂

Dear Rizwana,

Lets try to find out more information about the problem. There is no limitation apart from the memory limits set by WordPress itself. You can enable WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file to see if there are any error messages.

To increase the memory available to WordPress you can add this line to wp-config.php:

define("WP_MEMORY_LIMIT??, "128m??);

You can also add this line to wp-config.php and you will see more information about the evaluation in the browser error console.

define('WPV_LOGGING_STATUS', 'info');

You have more information about the different debugging options over here:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Rizwana,

I've enabled a module for debugging! Already seen the queries; it obviously differ from "showing all custom fields" & "not showing any of'em" pages. Could it be related with memory limit?

Regards,
🙂

Dear Yasmin 🙂

With WP_DEBUG enabled, you should see "out of memory" errors. Although they sometimes hide in the main server log instead. Depends on Apache configuration.

You can make sure that memory is not related by setting a high limit. Try adding this line to wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256m');

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

Okies! I'll try that & let you know soon...

Regards,
🙂

Dear Yasmin,

Thanks, I'll keep the thread open for your reply.

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

I think, your memory limit idea worked! It's working now..

Thanks

Regards,
🙂

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.