Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom Field Data Not Displaying for Some posts

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paweł Pela 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Paweł Pela.

Author

I created a custom post type called Events. I have 7 Event posts.

Here is the problem. I added a new custom field called XYZfield. Then I went back through the existing 7 Event posts and entered ABC for this new custom field. Now when I view the Event posts in a View the XYZfield custom field information is displayed for only some of the posts. If I create a new Event post and enter ABC in the XYZfield custom field it is displayed in the view. But there are still some posts that do not display the data in the view.

I looked at the postmeta table via phpMyAdmin and all the Event posts have ABC for the XYZfield in the database. Any idea why only some of the post are displaying the XYZfield information when the data appears to be in the database for all posts?

Dear showD,

We had some issues with custom fields and Views recently and we have a patch for this ready. I will send it to you right away via email with explanations how to apply it.

Please check if it fixes your problem and update me with your results.

Regards,
Paweł

I applied the patch but still have the same problem.

The data in the custom field is not displaying in the view for some older custom posts. I can see the data in the database in the postmeta table but it is not showing up in the view. New posts have the data in table and it is displayed in the view properly.

Dear showD,

Then I have to take a look at how your site is set up and how you use your Views.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to a test site where you have replicated the problem. I've enabled the private details box for you. You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

Thank you!

Regards,
Paweł

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Field Data Not Displaying for Some posts’ is closed to new replies.