Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom Field – Date cannot be left empty after a date is selected

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi, I have a custom field for "expiry date" for deals.
Previously, I was able to set a date say 31 July 2014, and then delete it totally. Basically, some deals on my website have expiry dates and some does not or the expiry dates are subject to change/unkown.
As such, when I select a date for a particular "Deal", subsequently when I want to leave the field blank, I am UNABLE to delete the date/values in the custom field (the calendar will always pop up and a value has to be entered, or rather the old value cannot be deleted with a blank, it can only be replaced with a new date).
This issue seems to have occur after I updated TYPES.
Please advise how to delete the date.

Dear Wei,

I have been able to reproduce the issue and i have forwarded to our developers for looking into it. I will get back to you when I have more information.

Thanks,
Caridad

Dear Wei

This has been fixed and we will soon release it, it is currently going through extensive testing before we release.

Regards
Caridad

Thanks, please let me know when it is resolved. By the way, I have Views installed on another wordpress site but the version doesn't seems to detect update and is still stuck in Version 1.2.3 .
Recently I am trying to revive that site and do some changes - I wonder how do I get it to Version 1.3.1 (which I am currently running on another site). This old version uses "View Template" istead of "Content Template"

Dear Wei

The update will be released today.

To resolve your other issues you need to deactivate and delete the old Views plugin and install it using our Installer plugin. This way future updates will be notified.

https://toolset.com/documentation/installation/#2

Regards
Caridad

Hi,
Per your advice, I deleted and use installer. However, I am unable to instal and it require me to Buy $149 toolset.
How?
Wei

Dear Wei,

You need to login to the repository with the same details you use for this forum: Settings -> Repositories

Regards
Caridad

Hi I have logged in. But when I click install plugins, it list all available plugins each with a price. And there is no way to instal without paying.

It said - You can't upgrade to this version since you don't have the original version or it is expired.

Dear Wei

Do you want to share access so I can take a look at whats wrong?

However, you can always install the plugins manually. We will be discontinuing the Installer plugin very soon and our plugins will be auto-updatable.

Regards
Caridad

I have previously installed manually. But the version I have was wp-views1.2.3. After I installed, there is no way to update it as the plugin doesn't detect there is an update. Where can I download latest version to update? My membership has expired. And also, by installing manually a new version, will it override my existing views and views template?

Dear Wei

If your subscription has expired, you need to get a new one.

You can update manually, it wont overwrite any settings.

Regards
Caridad

Hi,
Just to check, I though the initial purchase would include upgrades, just that there is no paid support?

Dear Wei

All our subscriptions include upgrades and support.

Regards
Caridad

Hi , but I have views on another website and it is being upgraded, just this one is not. So I am wondering why.

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Field – Date cannot be left empty after a date is selected’ is closed to new replies.