Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display Teaser Posts from an other WordPress Blog

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by achimM 9 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Paweł Pela.

Author

Hi,

I want to display a couple of teaser posts from another wordpress blog, which is located on a different server in a different wordpress installation. I want to display the featured image, the headline and a short excerpt.

I didn't find any hints in the forum, so maybe you have some ideas for me.

Thanx for any hint
Achim

Dear achimM,

Unfortunately, Toolset is not the tool for this. Not until you already have something to store or display, I'm afraid.

There are two options I can think of right now:

1. Use RSS from the other blog. There is a RSS Widget already included in every WP installation and every blog includes an RSS feed: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Feeds

2. Use XML-RPC to get posts from the other blog (you need admin access to it): http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_Support

Other possibilities would be to parse the other site with a custom script. Maybe there are already some plugins which enable you to do that? I don't know any and a quick search on Google didn't come up with any solutions.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi,

thanx for the quick respond. Ok, wasn't sure if there's a way in toolset to do this. So have to code this or use an RSS Feed.

Thanx
Achim

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.