Skip Navigation

[Resolved] drafts of parent no longer listed in child

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christee 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

In the prior version, when assigning a parent to a child drafts were listed with "(draft)" following the potential parent post name, in addition to all published potential parent posts. In this latest version, drafts are not included in the list at all. This forces you to publish the parent before being able to test it with all its children.

Can you please return it to how it worked in the prior version?

Dear Christee,

Let me confirm this with the developers and I will get back to you.

Regards
Caridad

Dear Christee

We changed this back and forth a couple of times and finally decided to add a filter to allow flexibility.

If you want to include drafts in the parent selection, you need to add these lines to functions.php in your theme:

add_filter( 'wpcf_pr_belongs_post_status', 'my_wpcf_pr_belongs_post_status' );
   function my_wpcf_pr_belongs_post_status($statuses)
   {
       $statuses[] = 'draft';
       return $statuses;
   }

Let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Caridad

That did the trick. Thank you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.