Skip Navigation

[Closed] Dropdown not working in IE

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by emerson 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: emerson.

Author

Hi,

I found this previous thread that describes my issue - I'm seeing this using Views (I also have Types insatlled).
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ie-select-list-now-selecting-on-mouse-click/

Unable to select from the drop down box using IE with a mouse (can select using keyword arrows and enter). Other browsers work fine.

You can see the issue on this page: hidden link

Is this bug still to be fixed?

Dear Ben,

This seems to work in IE 11. Which version of IE are you using?

I'll also ask our CRED development team about this bug.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi,

I'm using IE11 and you can get it to drop down but it doesn't allow you to select any option. You can select if you use arrow keys.

Dear Ben,

Please try this with the latest beta version of Views and tell me if it helped.

Regards,
Paweł

Where can I get the BETA release from - I'm on version 1.1.2

Dear Ben,

If you are on Views 1.1.2, then this is a very old version. Please update to the current version.

All downloads are here: https://toolset.com/my-account/downloads/ (for betas, you need to scroll down a bit more).

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

I've looked at the url provided but I cant see 'Views' on the list. There is Views Base Theme and Toolset Themes Beta amungst others but no 'Views' plugin.

Please advise - thanks!

Dear Ben,

You will have to buy Views to be able to update to a newer version. Please go here: https://toolset.com/buy/

You can either choose entire Toolset family of plugins or buy only Views.

I will mark this thread as closed for now, but if you still have problems or questions please open a new thread.

Regards,
Paweł

Hello,

ah yes of course.. I've purchased it now.

I've installed the plugin ( I had to rename the old plugin folder first) then used the 'installer' plugin to install Views 1.6.1. I used this guide: https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install/

I updated the Views plugin first and this made no difference. The site was exactly as before. Other tabs worked on various pages but the contact form still did not work in ie.

I updated Types to see if this helped. Again no change.

I updated the wordpress core.. and now the plugin does not work at all. All tabs and content generated by Views is stacked down the page.Please see:
Before:
hidden link

After:
hidden link

Initially do you know what I can do to fix the issue of it not working at all after the core update?

Thanks!

Dear Ben,

I have been re-assigned this issue and I need to take a closer look at your dev site.

Can you add username / password below the comment area, after you agree to the disclaimer.

Thanks,
Caridad

Dear Ben,

The plugin “Jquery Validation For Contact Form 7?? is causing a javascript error that prevents the tabs from loading. The error message is:

Syntax error, unrecognized expression: form.wpcf7-form"

As soon as I disabled this plugin, the tabs started working. Can you see if updating this plugin solves the problem?

During my testing, I also updated Views to todays release.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

im sorry for the extended delay in getting back to you. I've just had a chance to look at this issue.

I can see the Tabs pages are now working fine. Back to the issue with the dropodown on the contact page:
hidden link

I notice that when I deactivate the validate plugin it stops the dropdown menu working at all in ALL browsers.
I have now deactivated all plugins apart from Views and Types to isolate the issue. Can you have a look at this page please to see why the dropdown may not be working at all.

Many thanks!
B

Dear Ben

Can you also check by using a default wordpress theme? I want to find out if the theme itself is interfering with this

Thanks
Caridad

Hello,
sorry again for the delay in getting back to you. I've just done as suggested. I've enabled the TwentyTwelve theme. Its still not working.

Can you see why:
hidden link

also the tabs are not working - I only mention in case it help get to the root of the problem:
hidden link

Thanks!

Dear Ben

I'm being requested an extra password to access the site.

Regards
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] Dropdown not working in IE’ is closed to new replies.