Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Existing Custom Posts does not appear after changing CPT Slug

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by coderD 8 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
Change Custom Post Type's slug and Taxonomy. I believe it is due to WPML plugin.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:
The existing posts which I had created after changing CPT's slug

Instead, I got:
Existing CPT posts not appearing.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi ,

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

Could you explain to me the exact issue that you are having?

Your initial post was a bit vague 🙁

Hello.

Sorry for being unclear about it.

I am trying to change my CPT's slug (e.g: from photo-gallery to photo_gallery).

However upon changing the CPT's slug, the existing posts which I have created with this CPT were not showing in my admin.

Only when I change the slug back from (photo_gallery to photo-gallery) then the existing posts would appear.

I am suspecting this might be due to an conflict with WPML plugins. Please advise.

Any updates?

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Shane
Supporter

Hi,

This could occur if you've set your slugs to be translatable.

Please try to disable wpml, change the slug and then reactivate wpml.

You should be able to change the slug of the post type without any issue so please try that and let me know the result.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply

I have tested but still facing the same issue.
Currently need this resolved urgently, please advise.

Shane
Supporter

Hi,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Dear Shane,

It is fine already, I have contacted WPML support to resolve the issue. Thanks for the help.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/issue-with-changing-slug-with-wp-types/#post-607894

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.