Skip Navigation

[Closed] Filtering Single Line Field for display

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
search.JPG
views.JPG
query filter.JPG
fields.JPG

I am trying to: I am trying to create a filter for a "Single Line Field." I can do the filter for the "Select" but can't figure the "Single Line Field" out. It is for a search of talent for a talent agency. All of the other search parameters are for Select Field options. I have the Group already established. I also already have the View built, except for the search for the Single Line Field, which is the talents name. My client wants visitors to be able to search for talent by name.

I need to know how to set up the query filter while editing the view AND I need to know how to add to the Filter HTML/CSS/JS section.

The "Single Line Field" is called talent-name.

The widget that shows the search options is on hidden link.

The results show on the same page on the right.

I want the "Search by Talent Name" to be above the "Union Status" search option.

Everything I am referring to is attached in the images below.

Thanks!!!

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You can change the type of this field in your view, under WPV-CONTROL short code, such as:

[wpv-control field="talent-name" url_param="talent-name" type="textfield" auto_fill_default="Talent Name" auto_fill="wpcf-talent-name" auto_fill_sort="asc"]

Please notice the "textfield" as the type. Read https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control for a detailed reference.

To create a filter, just like other query filters (in your Query Filter section), you can select the field and set it to accept the desired URL Parameter (See 'query filter.JPG' in your first comment above).

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

Thank you so much for your response. What I would really like to do is have the searcher type in a name they are looking for and search that way....not by choosing from a list of names. Is this possible?
Thanks so much!!

Try replacing type="select" with type="textfield" in the [wpv-control] shortcode attributes.

Regards
Caridad

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the recent answer provided by Caridad. Or if I can help you with anything related.

The topic ‘[Closed] Filtering Single Line Field for display’ is closed to new replies.