Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [FIX] Update Fatal error: Declaration of FormFactory::createForm()

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

If you updated and getting this error

Fatal error: Declaration of FormFactory::createForm() must be compatible with that of FormAbstract::createForm() in /home//wp-content/plugins/wp-types/embedded/common/toolset-forms/classes/class.form_factory.php on line 20

Open plugins/types/embedded/common/toolset-forms/classes/abstract.form.php and replace the declaration for createForm and DisplayForm with

abstract public function createForm($nameForm = 'default'); 
     abstract public function displayForm($nameForm = 'default'); 

I really sorry about that, we are working to solve this issue. As workaround try to update Types first, then Views and this error shouldn't be shown.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other related question.

Well I'm actually posting the FIX for other people who have the error 😉

Ok, thanks for sharing with our community.

I'm having this same issue and tried what you suggested. I put a { at the end of the line though instead of the ; because I was getting this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting T_FUNCTION

Now though I get:

Fatal error: Abstract function FormFactory::createForm() cannot contain body

Any ideas?

The CRED 1.3.1 should solves this issue. Please open a new thread in case you see this again.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.