Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hi there,

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 9 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
by default 2014-12-19 at 20.23.49.jpg
by default 2014-12-19 at 20.23.08.jpg
by default 2014-12-19 at 20.23.01.jpg
by default 2014-12-19 at 20.22.10.jpg

I am trying to: use a shortcode to display the custom taxonomy of the post on the post itself.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see:
by designmutt | 1999 | Conde Nast Traveller | Outside ("Lord of All He Surveys") | Posted 2014 | (No Comments)

Instead, I got:
by designmutt | | | | | Posted 2014 | (No Comments)

For custom field created with Types, please try Types shortcode [Types],
For example, the custom date field:

[types field="my-date" format="Y"][/types]
https://toolset.com/documentation/functions/#date

For the custom taxonomy of the current post, please make sure your custom taxonomy is using slug "volumes", use the "separator" attribute like this:
[wpv-post-taxonomy type=??category?? separator=?? | ?? format=??link?? show=??name?? order=??asc??]
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-taxonomy

Hi there,
Many thanks for the response.
It's still not working.
I've taken out the code that is and I'm just focusing on displaying the taxonomy.
Here is the code I'm using:
[wpv-post-taxonomy type=??volumes?? separator=?? | ?? format=??link?? show=??name?? order=??asc??]

But it's showing nothing. as you can see here:
hidden link

I've made sure that the slug is volumes.
Am I meant to do something else too?

Could you duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details?
I need a live website to debug this problem. thanks

I have modified the problem post:
hidden link

edit the codes in it from:

[wpv-post-taxonomy type=??volumes?? separator=?? | ?? format=??link?? show=??name?? order=??asc??]

To:

volumes: [wpv-post-taxonomy type="volumes" separator=" | " format="link" show="name" order="asc"]

Please notice the character (") is different with (??)

AMAZING. I did not know that was different. Thank you SO much. Let me check all this and get back to you in a bit.

Please let me know if you need more assistance for it.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.