Skip Navigation

[Closed] How do you create Parent Layout

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno.

Author

I'm missing something very basic. Testing out Layouts, I created a new layout. When I click on "edit layout settings" I get the message "There are no parent layouts. Click here to learn more about hierarchical layouts." Clicking on the link to the documentation tells you generally about parent v. child layouts. But no where does it actually explain how to CREATE a parent layout. What am I missing?

child-layout.png

A parent layout is displayed when you use the "Child Layout" option within another layout.

For example, you create a layout called "Index". Within this layout you set the blocks and adds the "Child Layout" block. I'll add a picture for you to check.

When you create a new layout, you could set the "Index" page as parent layout. That is, the new page will be child of the "Index" layout.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] How do you create Parent Layout’ is closed to new replies.