Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to display a custom post type with a View

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paweł Pela 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Paweł Pela.

Author

I'm new to Views, but so far I've been able to create and display non-custom post type content by creating Views. I also have several custom post types set up. The problem I have is getting Views to display the content that is created as part of a custom post type. I've tried to add the custom post type content by choosing the categories assigned to the posts, as well as by choosing the custom post type name, but I haven't had any luck and am stuck.

Working locally.
Thanks!

To update my question a bit: I am able to display the content that is posted into the main body ( the default box where you would put text for a non-custom post) of the custom post type using Views. It's the information in the custom fields that I have associated with my custom post types that I'm not able to get to display.
I do have the custom fields tied to custom post types.
Thanks.

Dear Kate,

I think this may be the bug we were dealing with recently and we already have a patch for it. I will send it to you via email along with instructions on how to apply it.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

The topic ‘[Closed] How to display a custom post type with a View’ is closed to new replies.