Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to select Parent Post when edit post from frontend

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francoisR 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hye,
I use Types and Formidable Pro (I know it better than CRED) to create form to edit custom post types from frontend.
I have a Parent Custom Type "Shop" and its child_posts "Offers".
On the form to edit "Offers", I would like to add a select input with all the "Shops", in order to choose which "Shop" will be the parent of the current "Offer".
I didn't see some API or explanation for this kind of thing about "Child_posts". I just found some code to display child_post but, as you see, my trouble is different. Thanks for your help and idea...

Hi francoisR,

I am not sure it is possible with Formidable Pro plugin.
Types is using a custom field to store the parent post ID, for example your parent post type slug is property, then the meta key is _wpcf_belongs_property_id
Then you will need create a custom select dropdown menu, list all parent posts as the options, and use html name "_wpcf_belongs_property_id", and save it into database.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/querying-and-displaying-child-posts/

And it is easy to setup such a form with CRED plugin:
CRED Forms for Child Content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/

Thanks for your very fast answer. I found the solution with the "Entries from Data" function in Formidable Pro.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.