Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to set default layout for whole site

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Katarzyna Janoska 9 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Katarzyna Janoska.

Author
category-archive-page.png
normal-pages.png

Hi Everyone,

I am new at wp-types. I have a website I created a parent layout and couple of child layout for different pages. Everything is working fine so far but when i go to Category/Taxonomy archive page only posts listing is being displayed. Header, footer, sidebar are not being displayed.

Can anyone help me I need urgent help

Hello nadeemi,

in Layouts there is option to assign certain Layout to certain page, post or archive. Have you tried to assign proper Layout to your archive pages?

You can do that this way:

Go to edit screen of Layout you want to be used on archive pages

Find "Change how this Layout is used" button at the bottom of the page.

Choose "Archives" from the list and check checkboxes next to archives and taxonomies names that should use this Layout.

Is this what you wanted to do?

Regards,
Kasia

capture.png

Thanks for your help.

Does Version 0.9.1.1 have this option because I can't see this option in layout edit screen. Please take a look at screen shot.

Thanks & Regards,
Nadeem Iqbal

general-post-layout.png

Hi Katarzyna,

I can see " Use this layout for these post types:" this option. but if select this layout as my default layout for blog posts it also doesn't take effect at blog single post. please help today I have absolute deadline for this project.

Thanks & Regards,
Nadeem Iqbal

Oh! You are entirely right. I am really sorry, I looked at option button from the next release.
But well I have a good news then. This option will be available for everyone in the very next release which is planned for very soon from now.

Do you think this will solve your problem?

Is there any other way for me to have header and footer on category/taxonomy listing page before that release with the default layout. I need to deliver this project today and this is the only remaining issue.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Nadeem iqbal

Hi Nadeem,

To answer your second question...
This Layout will be assigned to already existing posts if you will click on this button with red letters that says: Use This Layout for 4 Blog Posts.

Setting Layout to be the default one causes that all next posts will use it, but if some posts already exist you have to "force" them to use this Layout by clicking this button.

Hi Nadeem,

I consulted with our developers and I can answer that today there is no way to assign Layout to archive page. This option will be available with next release. It should be out really soon but unfortunately not today.

Regards,
Kasia

Ok once again thanks for your help. Atleast my one issue has been resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
Nadeem Iqbal

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for getting back to us

Regards,
Kasia

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.