Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have a strange issue with CPT pagination on archive page

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by keyN 9 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have posted this issue sometime ago on wordpress forum but it's still not solved. I tried everything i can but still i have this strange issue on different servers including my pc localhost environment.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/page-not-found-on-archive-navigation?replies=6

CPT archive page is working fine. hidden link
While next page is not working. hidden link

It does work with default permalink as Mercin suggested in the topic.
hidden link

I have confirmed that issue is not with theme. I tested with Twenty Fourteen and Twenty Fifteen as well. And tried to disable all other plugins, but still same issue.

Also i tried Custom Post Type UI and pagination is working fine with that but i already have thousands of posts with Types custom fields. So i would really appreciate if you can help me solve the issue.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I see that you began some preliminary diagnosis.

You explained that the issue occurs using the default theme and with the plugins disabled.

As such I would like you to check that you are running the latest versions of our plugins.

I tested the pagination with custom post type archives and all seems to work fine for me on my local test site.

Hello,

Thanks Shane for the reply.

I'm running latest version of plugin as well as wordpress. I tried several other themes but same issue.

I have checked forum topics, did search and i know it's really strange that i'm the only one having this issue while testing it on different sites.

If it's possible, would you look into admin panel if i send you login details. I would really appreciate any kind of help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi There,

Yes please allow me to have access to your website.

I will be enabling the private fields for you to enter the credentials.

There might be something in your settings that's causing this issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi There,

I'm unable to see the issue in the live site as such I will be creating a test site so I can investigate further.

I will be creating a backup of your site and test it on my local server where I can identify any issues.

Hello Shane,
Thanks again for looking into this.

Shane
Supporter

Hi There,

The reason why you are unable to visit other pages for your archives is because you have "Pages" disabled.

To enable this go to your custom taxonomy and click edit.

The next step is to scroll down to the taxonomy options and ensure that the Pages checkbox is ticked.

This should resolve the issue on your website's custom taxonomy archive.

Hello Shane,

Thanks a lot. Problem is solved. Great support.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.