Skip Navigation

[Closed] I want to know if its possible to create use use fields table in front end posti

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: to create front end posting functionality, but I need to have fields table in them ? is this possible ?

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Are you going to create child posts with the "field table" in front-end?
It is not possible within CRED forms, the "field table" of Types works in frontend, and the CRED form can only create one child post in one submit.

More help:
CRED Forms for Child Content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/

What I need is to have a group of repeating fields. I don't care to do it with fields table or anything else. For instance, I want the users to input caption for every picture their insert. For the pictures to be linked to their captions, I need to make a custom group with an image and a text area. ANd make it repeatable. I guess this is only possible with your fields table.

Best,
Saman Tehrani

Dear Saman,

Yes, you are right, it is only possible only in the fields table of Types in the admin side.
Editing Custom Fields of Child Posts
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/bulk-content-editing-with-fields-table/

and it is not possible with current version of CRED, I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it.

The topic ‘[Closed] I want to know if its possible to create use use fields table in front end posti’ is closed to new replies.