Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image field in a custom post type is broken

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Note: this all worked prior to updating to 1.6.6.2. It was totally fine in 1.6.4.

I have an "Image" field in a Custom Field, which is linked to a Custom Post Type. When I go and create my post (for my custom post type), I cannot successfully upload an image from the standard "Add Media" button, OR the Image upload field from Types.

The immediate clue that there is a problem, is in the Add Media window, in the dropdown, there is no choice for:

"Uploaded to this post" For example: hidden link

When this choice is not there, then I cannot successfully upload an image to the post. I don't get an error, but nothing really happens.

It all works fine when I remove the Types "Image" field from the post.

Please see this video.

hidden link

I show the Image field exists, and that there is a problem. But when I delete the image field, then there is no more problem. I hope this video explains well.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for bringing this up, I am trying to reproduce this on my local host.

However meanwhile, can you please provide some debug information about your site? Please see https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ for more information.

I have enabled debug information area for your next reply.

Note: This problem exists also when I switch to standard Twenty-Fourteen and Twenty-Fifteen theme. And my current theme buyers who are using Types version 1.6.6.2 are all emailing me reporting they cannot upload images. For now I have to ask them to downgrade Types to 1.6.4. 🙁

Thanks for your help!

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the debug information, that's pretty simple.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are facing. I will report this error for sure but I will need some access to your site before hand. Since I tried to reproduce this on local host, and it was all just fine. I want to observe this in your environment, so I can report to the relevant Dev Team accordingly.

I have set your next reply as private, please input all details in that area. Also remember to take backup of your site before proceeding, thanks.

Another note: For your convenience, I have both the 1.6.4 version and 1.6.6.2 versions installed. You can just deactivate/activate one or the order for easier testing.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the information. Please allow me some time to work on this. I will update you as soon as I find a solution.

Thank you, I appreciate your support! 🙂

John

Waqas
Supporter

I just tried this in your site and created a CPT named Tests, while adding a custom field named Test Image to it. Then I created a new post under it, although I didn't see the option "Uploaded to this post type" (as you mentioned in video), but I was able to upload image via the Custom Field. Please see a test post created under "Tests".

So apparently the custom image field works fine. But the other option in "Add Media" screen isn't available. I have tested this on local. And reporting this to the relevant team.

I will update you as soon as I find a solution.

Waqas
Supporter

Our dev team has acknowledged this as a new feature request. Because due to recent changes in WP system, our plugins also utilise the same Media Library features.

However, they have included this as a new feature to the Media Library for a future version of the plugin. I hope you will see it rolling out sometime in the future.

Thanks for keeping this issue alive.

Hopefully the update and change to the Media Library in the update will fix this problem. I keep getting my theme buyers automatically upgrade to 1.6.4 and I get constant complaints about not being able to upload images.

I'll be anxiously waiting for the update that fixes this. Please reply when the update is ready. Thanks! 🙂

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Hi John,

Please get the latest Types release, this issue has been addressed there.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

Thank you so much. It does indeed seem to be working right now. Thanks!! 😀

You are welcome.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.