Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Make custom post single not publicly viewable

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by whitW 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: keep the post archive, single post, and custom tax archive from being indexed and publicly accessible for one of my custom post types called "past-sale" because I am using the content in a loop, but I don't want anyone to see archive, single post, or custom tax archive pages.

I put all the posts in a loop on this page - hidden link.

How do I keep these pages from being viewed or indexed:

Archive page - hidden link
Single post - hidden link
Custom Tax Archive page - hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

I'm currently taking a look at this one to see if it is something that is possible.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

This seems to be possible with the "All in One SEO" plugin that can be found here https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

What you need to do is to install the plugin and then go to the page that you wish to disallow indexing and select "Robots Meta NOFOLLOW" and "Robots Meta NOINDEX".

Please let me know if this was helpful.
Thanks

Thanks. I forgot that I could use robots meta noindex. I've done that before on another site. Thank you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.