Skip Navigation

[Closed] Multi-Select search box (find listings in Boston OR New York, OR in Chicago etc.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
search-box.png

I am building a real estate website.

My simple search will have:
1) Search by city (a multi-select box where you can select the cities you want included in your search - ex: you could select 3 of the 12 cities present in the box)

2) Search by Category - Industrial, Retail, Office, Land

3) For Sale or Lease (check boxes) - checking both boxes causes all properties to be displayed whether they are for Sale or for Lease.

All of the above is working perfectly with ONE EXCEPTION. I cannot get the cities field to work correctly.

If I select a single city from the list, it works fine. But if I select more than one city from the list I get no result found as the search assumes I want to see listings that have BOTH city names as the value, where I really want OR

Boston OR New York OR Chicago

Sorry. I added this post to the "Paid" forum. Don't know if its allowed to be in two places?

Same question as your another thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/multi-select-search-box-find-listings-in-boston-or-new-york-or-in-chicago-etc-2/

Close this one, and answered in above one.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multi-Select search box (find listings in Boston OR New York, OR in Chicago etc.’ is closed to new replies.