Skip Navigation

[Closed] New Type, New Post Home page not linked

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author
debug.JPG

I am trying to: get me type/view content to display as a latest post

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the article linked to the home page hidden link

Instead, I got: Nothing for this latest post on the home page

It looks like your "collection_review" custom post type is not set to "publicly_queryable". Can you review your Custom Post Type to see if its configured as public?

Regards
Caridad

types.JPG
types2.JPG
types3.JPG
types4.JPG
types5.JPG

Hello Caridad,
I tried to look at is and it is query Public. I think it has something to do with the permalinks structure,
My permalinks are set to post name, but when I create the article in other then the post are line below it does not come up in the site structure
hidden link

But if I use the VIEW Custome fields and write it in the post are it list to the site perfectly.
hidden link

IDK Please let me now your thoughts

I think you will also need to enable "query_var" for this to work.

Do you want to share access details so that I can take a closer look?

I will set the next reply to private.

Regards
Caridad

I have logged in to your site but there are no custom post types defined.
Can you replicate the problem there and give me the steps to see it?

Thanks
Caridad

1-CPT.JPG
2-CPT.JPG
3-CPT.JPG
4-CPT.JPG
5-CPT.JPG
6-CPT.JPG
7-CPT.JPG
8-CPT.JPG
9-CPT.JPG
10-CPT.JPG
11-CPT.JPG
12-CPT.JPG
13-CPT.JPG
14-CPT.JPG
15-CPT.JPG
16-CPT.JPG
17-CPT.JPG

I was able to recreate the same issue. I erased all the types and started over. I save the steps in the photos attached numerically. You can log back in to see what I did today.

I see what you mean now, this is a problem with the way WordPress displays posts for the category and tag archives. WordPress is filtering on post of the “post?? type for these archives.

There are 2 solutions to this problem:

1) If you can use a custom taxonomy instead of the default category/tags, it will work as expected and every post type will be visible in the archive page.

2) Another solution is to add some custom code to change the default behaviour.

function add_my_post_type( $query ){
if( $query->is_category || $query->is_tag ) {
$query->set( 'post_type', array( 'post', 'page', 'collection1' ) );
}
}

add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'add_my_post_type' );

The topic ‘[Closed] New Type, New Post Home page not linked’ is closed to new replies.