Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination not working. Next page says "No items found".

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sgr2 9 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

Hi,

I was using a parametric search view and was trying to get paging to work in that. It didn't work. Later I read on one of your suggested support threads that I had to create a paginated view and get parametric search in there to get the two of them working together.

So I re-created my view to a paginated view. I have 14 posts in the custom post from where I'm fetching to display in a view. I've chosen 5 items per page, which means that 3 pages should be shown. It shows that 3 pages are there, but says "No items found" on all pages except the first one. So I get to see only the first page, with 5 items.

It might be a problem with my layout code.

My filter code:

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]

[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Filter by Country:[/wpml-string] 
	[wpv-control field="country" url_param="country" type="select" auto_fill="wpcf-country" auto_fill_sort="asc"]  
	[wpv-filter-reset reset_label="Clear"]

<br>

[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-pagination]

Choose page: [wpv-pager-current-page style="drop_down"] of [wpv-pager-num-page] 
[/wpv-pagination]

[wpv-filter-end]

My layout code:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
   <table width="100%">

<tbody>
      <wpv-loop>
            <tr>
              <td width="150">[wpv-if image="_thumbnail_id" evaluate="!empty($image)"] 
  [wpv-post-featured-image size="full"][/wpv-if]
              [wpv-if image="_thumbnail_id" evaluate="empty($image)"] 
                <div class="no-featured-image"></div>[/wpv-if]
              </td> 
              <td><span class="mtc_name">[wpv-post-link]</span><br />
              [types field="gender"  option="wpcf-fields-radio-option-38876f1a8c20b26db174e2e773d7205e-1"]Male[/types] [types field="gender"  option="wpcf-fields-radio-option-f256487365aadfb9fdaf10d930c577ff-1"]Female[/types] [types field="gender"  option="wpcf-fields-radio-option-2bbd8021d88f68414d1da491712a5229-1"]Other[/types] 
                •
                [types field="state-usa"][/types] 
                [types field="state-canada"][/types] 
                [types field="county-england"][/types]
                [types field="county-ni"][/types]
                [types field="county-scotland"][/types]
                [types field="county-wales"][/types],
                [types field="country-uk"][/types], 
                [types field="country"][/types]  
                • [types field="occupation"][/types] <br />

<table>
                 <tr>
                    <td class="centered">Age</td>
                    <td class="centered">Date Ill</td>
                    <td class="centered">Years w/ CFS</td>
                    <td class="centered">Cert. Disabled</td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr>
                    <td class="mtc_big_nums">[types field="age" format="FIELD_VALUE"][/types]</td>
                    <td class="mtc_big_nums">[types field="date-ill"][/types]</td>
                    <td class="mtc_big_nums">[types field="years-sick" format="FIELD_VALUE"][/types]</td>
                    <td class="mtc_big_nums">[types field="disabled"  option="wpcf-fields-radio-option-97dedc359dd2f885450fca6e9ea5d729-1"]Yes[/types] [types field="disabled"  option="wpcf-fields-radio-option-8e758c7f8cfbfea5c17755b4f90d206d-1"]No[/types] </td>
                  </tr>
                </table>

<br />
                 <br />
                 <br />

</td>

</tr>
      </wpv-loop>
   </tbody>
   </table>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<strong>No items found</strong>[/wpml-string]
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Could you tell me where the problem lies? Thanks. I can send you the link with admin access if needed.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Your view looks fine though, but can you please try upgrading Views plugin to the latest one? You can find a link to downloads under your Account page.

Hmm. Okay. I'm currently on version 1.6.1. I'll get the owner's account, upgrade and check again.

If you can create a private reply I can give you the link where you can see the issue for yourself without logging in.

Waqas
Supporter

Please try an upgrade first and let see if it fixes the issue, otherwise I will request for an access.

Please let me know, thanks.

I'm unable to get access to the owner's account as of now. Sadly I need to fix this issue urgently.

Could you check if anything else is wrong that's causing the pagination to not work? I can give admin access.

I can share the link too, which does not require admin access. If you could make the next reply private, we could fix this quickly 🙂

Waqas
Supporter

Apparently, this issue has been addressed previously and it must be fixed with a new version installed.

However, for your convenience I can check, but that might not progress for a resolution.

I have enabled your next reply as private, please input access details in private details area.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the access, please allow me some time to look into this. I will get back to you as soon as I find a solution.

Thanks 🙂

Waqas
Supporter

The problem is apparently with the Views plugin, please try to upgrade the plugin to the latest one. I have tried but looks like there's no upgrade option. Either you need a purchased version to get updates within the WP Admin, or you need to link it with official site by using a site key. You may find this in your WP-Types.com account.

Okay. Thanks a lot. I'll get back to you here after getting the updated version, then.

Waqas
Supporter

Sure please, I am replying to keep this thread with you. Please reply when you are ready to proceed, thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

I've updated to Version 1.6.4

I'm still facing the same problem - next page says "no items found".

Would you want to check it out now? I can give you admin access.

Waqas
Supporter

Sure please provide the temporary access to the site so I can look for the issue. I have enabled your next reply as private, please input all details in that area, thanks.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the access. Please allow me some time to work on this, and I will get back to you as soon as I find a solution.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.