Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem displaying Gravity Forms Entries

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sgr2 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I am trying to: Display Gravity Forms entries

When using Gravity Forms, we create a new Page with the form and enter data into the form. The form fields, which are the custom fields I created show up as available to be displayed into a view, but somehow the view isn't picking up the form entries. I tried adding the form to Posts instead of Pages but then also the view is not showing up the form entries. The view does show the entries in the custom fields I've added through the custom post but not the ones through gravity forms.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: Entries from gravity forms in the view

Instead, I got:No entries from gravity forms. Only the entries entered not via the form, but via custom posts

Anyone?

Gravity forms uses its own internal tables for storing data and you need a special plugin to have the corresponding posts created automatically.

hidden link

This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years: https://wordpress.org/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types/

I just want to enter data in a form and display it using Views. Is that something that can't be done by the Views plugin according to you?

I have that plugin installed by the way. I do see the custom fields appearing when creating a form in Gravity Forms but the view is unable to display those entries..

The steps I follow are:

1. Create custom post type

2. Create custom fields for that post type

3. Enter one entry through posts so that fields show up in Gravity Forms (as an existing custom field)

4. I create a form and insert it in a page

5. I publish that page and enter data to create two rows of entries

6. I check the form entries, and the data I entered is still there

7. I create a view to display all results in the custom fields. In the layout wizard I find those custom fields available and I create a layout for them.

8. I create another Page and embed the created View in that page. This page shows only one entry I entered through posts, and not the two more entries I entered through Gravity Forms.

This is my issue. Could you please suggest where I am going wrong? Thanks.

I am willing to give you admin access with links to everything I created so that it won't take you much time to check it out.

Yes, I think it will be quicker if you share access details and I review everything is correct.

I have set your next reply as private.

Thanks,
Caridad

I have been reading a bit about this plugin:
hidden link

You can see that instead of adding a custom field for the student name, you should use the default post title for this purpose.

The way the plugin works, the title field will allow you to select a post type in the advanced tab and then it will work as you expect.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Caridad

Yes, this worked 🙂

I'll remove one field from the custom field and make that the post title.. that should work.

Thanks, Caridad 🙂

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.