Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Product Categories widget links to strange pages

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to: Use the Product Categories widget to link to pages containing products that relate to the selected category

I created a Layouts page that displays the Product Categories page as a bulleted item list. I also have the Product Categories widget in the footer.

I expected that when I clicked on one of the resulting links (or selected a link in the Product Categories widget dropdown box) that it would take me to a generated page listing all products in that category.

Instead, I got a strange generated page that I did not create. I assume that it is either yours or WooCommerce's.

I realize that this may be a WooCommerce issue and not you. I did try building a View that utilized [wpv-post-taxonomy type="product_cat" separator=", " format="link" show="name" order="asc"] but it didn't display the way that I wanted, and I got the same results as above when clicking on links.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Also, while you're in there, can you figure out why my Module Manager won't update modules or allow me to install new ones?

I created a test site at hidden link and attempted to make it a demo site. All attempts to do so failed. Download buttons on "Manage Sites" are grayed out. Attempts to install Modules are met with the following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/plugins/toolset-module-manager/library/install_module_library.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have created WP-admin and FTP access to the test site, using the same username/password as on the site above. The only thing that changes is the site name.

I'm going to check that with our development team. I will be back as soon as I have a solution.

Ana
Supporter

let's take one issue at a time:

1. about Framework installer and the option to 'Manage sites' or import a reference site.
For this and to be on the save side, content import only works on fresh sites. We really don't want to accidentally delete content on live sites. So that in order to install a reference site you should reset the current one. For this you can use the reset demo site option.
Once that is done the buttons to download a reference site will become available.

2. about the Module manager and considering the second site you mentioned and the error message can you check the read permissions for the file in question.

3. about Module Manager not importing on the first site. I've tested the install of a module from the 'Module library' and I'm redirected to the front page of the site, do you know if the host server has restrictions to url redirections?

Ana
Supporter

further information about issue 2) error permissions accessing files

Ensure that your WordPress account has read and write access to your WordPress files. More information on this can be found in the following guide:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

This is can be an issue with your web host assigning incorrect permissions to your files. If you are not sure how to do this, please try contacting them and have the permissions set correctly.

I am using the Softaculous installer for my WordPress installations. It might be the culprit responsible for the permission settings, as this issue seems to be happening on both sites.

1. The hairbowworkshop.com site was a complete fresh install. I did a reset demo site option. I got the results above.

2. When you say "check the read permissions for the file in question," are you speaking of individual files or file folders? Or both? And what should those permissions be set at?

3. Not to my knowledge, especially within a self-contained site. Again, it sounds like a permissions issue.

Toolset-Module-Manager-directory.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot, most of my toolset-module-manager folders are set at 0775, and the files themselves are set at 0664.

Do we have an answer yet?

Ana
Supporter

this is an issue with your Apache/PHP settings, possibly your host has activated Mod_Security or a similar module which returns a 403 (Forbidden) when passing an url as a parameter to a request.

This means that some of the rules to deny access matches when you use a module library install from Module Manager.

I would suggest you to contact your hosting about this issue, to check if it's your case and if so how to resolve it.

On the Module Manager issue: The offending mod_security rule appears to be #340162. My hosting provider whitelisted it for me, and it seems to have worked. As for the test site, I had to do a little jumping around on updating plugins (register the site, etc.) but it appears to be working as well. I was able to set up a demo e-commerce site on the test site as well. (I've now reset that one).

The above Product Categories problem seems to be that the individual product pages are sitename/product/productname; the Product Categories page is looking for sitename/product-categories/productname.

However, a new development has arisen: I updated all of the Toolset plugins and now my product pages have gone completely blank. Please advise.

Ana
Supporter

I've added the following file to your child theme in order to also support layouts in the product custom post type.

single-product.php

<?php
/*
* Template Name: Product page template
*/

get_header('layouts'); ?>

<?php if ( function_exists( 'the_ddlayout' ) ) : ?>
    	 <?php the_ddlayout(); ?>
    <?php else: ?>
        <h1>
        	<?php _e('This template requires the Drag and Drop Layout plugin.', 'wpbootstrap'); ?>
        </h1>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php get_footer('layouts');

more information on how to add Layout support to Theme templates can be found in the documentation ( https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/?utm_source=layoutsplugin&utm_campaign=layouts&utm_medium=post-editor&utm_term=help-link )

Also I've edited the Layout 'Main products' and added a cell for displaying a Content Template this way allowing the content of the product page to be customised and presented.

In WooCommerce Views the template php file in use to the product pages is set to be 'single-product.php'.

Can you please review the product page and confirm that the Layout for 'Main products' is applied.

That fixes that particular problem. Thank you. Now on to the original problem listed at the top of the post.

My apologies the long delay. Ana isn't available to help you with that, I will do. Can you please show me what you have today and what you want to achieve? Please explain in details and I will try to find the best solution for you.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.