Skip Navigation

[Closed] Repeating field groups

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

It has been discussed on the forums a couple of times and it's been talked about as an upcoming feature - repeating field groups, similar to how Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Field Suite do it.

Is there any date on when this might happen? We build quite a few sites with WPML and I would prefer to use Types as it's built by you guys, but because of the lack of repeating groups, I almost always end up using other plugins for custom fields. The current suggestion https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/ I find too clunky.

I would be very interested to hear if there is a date when this might happen. Thanks!

Dear Karl,

I see what you mean, I will talk with the development team responsible by this, then I will let you know.

Dear Karl,

We have no date yeat, but we are working in a significantly improving in the GUI and workflow for Types 1.7. That's all I know, and that's a long project.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Hi Adriano, thanks for the update. Good to know it might come in the future. Personally - and I think for many others too judging by comments on forums - would really see repeater functionality for groups implemented in a simpler way. For us, it's always the main thing that's lacking with Types and why we can't use it for many projects. But since it works so well with WPML, it would of course be great to be able to use it.

Anonymous

I too would like to see this function! I currently need this type of capability so I am hoping the workaround will work for my current project.

Dear Michelle,

Right then. We will let you know if we build some patch containing this functionality before an official release. I'm closing it for now, please create a new ticket for any other issue. Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Repeating field groups’ is closed to new replies.