Skip Navigation

[Resolved] restricted content not displaying for logged-in partners

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by winyS 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I have 2 sites, with identical functionality.

On both sites Workpackages are only visible for logged-in partners.
Logged-in partners can upload documents with cred form in frontend.
Documents display automatically in the right Workpackage page.
Documents must be invisible for not logged-in visitors.
Workpackags and Documents (both custom post types) are "managed by Access": read only for subscriber or higher.

Problem:

On Coheahr site:
When logged-in as partner the documents are not showing up on Workpackage pages.
When logged-in as wp administrator they show up.

I could unmark "managed by Access" for documents, then they appear.
But then the documents, can also be found by not logged-in visitors (when they use the search form on the site).

On the test site everything works fine.

Do you have any suggestion for a solution?

I can send you the login details by e-mail.

Ana
Supporter

Dear WinyS,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible – in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thanks,
Ana

Dear Ana,
Thanks for your answer. Can you tell me how I can create a test site where the problem has been replicated? Or can you help me with this ? I prefer this instead of giving you access, because the site is live already.
Best regards,
Winy

Dear Ana,
I changed my mind and decided to give you access.
The login for the website is: veldberk14
The problem is visible on this page: hidden link
When logged-in as wp administrator you can see the uploaded documents on this page.
When logged-in as partner (you can log in as a partner with username: test and password: toolset) the uploaded documents are not showing up. Logged-in partners should see the documents as well.
Not logged in visitors should not see the documents.
I hope you can find a solution for this problem.
Thank you,
Winy

Ana
Supporter

Dear Winy,

I think that the problem is resolved in your site. I've updated Access plugin to latest released version 1.2.1 where this issue is resolved.
Could you please confirm, thank you.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.
Regards,
Ana

Hi Ana,
Yes! It works fine now. But I have 2 more questions.
1. In my dashboard I got no message that there was an update available for the Access plugin.
2. In another website with the same functionality I use version Access 1.2 and the problem does not occur.
Can you explain how this is possible?
Thank you,
Regards,
Winy

Ana
Supporter

Dear Winy,

we are using the Installer system to upgrade and install our plugins. This will let you install and upgrade commercial plugins (like Toolset) from within the WordPress admin. To use Installer you would need to have it downloaded and activated in your site.

More information about this can be viewed in the Installation documentation page ( https://toolset.com/documentation/installation/ ).

As for the other site where you have the same functionality and the Access version 1.2 I would have to check it to better understand why you do not have the same problem considering equal functionalities and settings.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.
Regards,
Ana

Dear Ana,
Thank you for the tip about the Installer system for updates.
I gave you temporary access to my test site now.
The page is: hidden link
Regards,
Winy

Dear Winy,

Ana is not available to handle this issue for now, I will check it for you soon.

Dear Winy,

After several tests, I think it could be due to the fact that you are using a custom role (partner) on the other site? On this site its a standard subscriber role and it works fine.

Regards
Caridad

Dear Caridad,
No, that's not the case. Both sites have only subscribers, no custom role "partner".
But anyway, my issue is resolved, thank you.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.