Skip Navigation

[Closed] search button in WordPress Archives

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paweł Pela 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Paweł Pela.

Author

How to add search button in wordpress archives?

Dear Faraz,

Basically this can be done in a couple of ways:

- by using Views and choosing Archives - you can insert any HTML code to a view
- by using Widgets if your theme allows it
- by using our new product - Layouts

But in any case, you would have to be a bit more specific so I can be of better help.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

I created a view and called the view in the wordpress archives with this url info. https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/#2.5
what i'm trying to do is i need to create a search box and search button to search project-tags and also project-types..
i used this code in the view:
[wpv-filter-search-box]
[wpv-filter-submit name="Search"]
still not working.Do i need to add anything else?
please suggest.

Thanks,
Faraz.

Dear Faraz,

To do this, you will have to create a Parametric Search View as explained here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

i created parametric search and i called the parametric search form in wordpress archives.
url: hidden link
but when ever i select the tag and click on search button it should show only specific tag items when i selected.
In the above url,if i select different tags also it goes to one item page.
please suggest.

Thanks,
Faraz

Dear Faraz,

When you insert the search to your Archive View, you need to select the correct target. In your case it would be the same page.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

In this url, hidden link when i search for specific tags it should go to specific page.
if i select flower then it should go to this url( hidden link).
but it goes to this url (hidden link)
in the filter section, i used this code,[wpv-control taxonomy="project-tag" url_param="wpv-project-tag" type="select" default_label="Please select"]
please suggest.

Thanks,
Faraz.

Dear Faraz,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to a test site where you have replicated the problem to be of better help. I've enabled the private details box for you. You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

Thank you!

Regards,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Please find the below details below for my stagging site.

Thanks you so much.

Best Regards,
Faraz.

Dear Faraz,

Please fill in the login details in the *private* area below, as putting them here makes them public. I will edit your previous post for this reason.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Please find my details in private details section.

Thanks&Kind Regards,
Faraz.

Dear Faraz,

The problem is related to the fact that you should set target of the search form to something else, like a page which will display the View with results.

Regards,
Paweł

The topic ‘[Closed] search button in WordPress Archives’ is closed to new replies.