Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Selecting parent post type from child post type – problem

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sinisa 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Ghennadi.

Author
ALL-as-first-option-in-select-box-instead-of-blank-space.PNG
how-to-translate-these-elements.jpg

Hello,

I set everything for my new Site, and everything works fine. However, there are some details, some problems I can't solve.
I have created next Custom post Types:
"Marke vozila"
"Modeli vozila" - child of "Marke vozila"
"Rabljena vozila" - child of "Modeli vozila" and "Marke vozila"

When user create new item of "Rabljena vozila" he/she have to choose in which "Modeli vozila" and "Marke vozila" that item belongs.

However, as you can see from screenshot attached (how-to-translate-these-elements.jpg), under "Modeli vozila" (it means - "Car models" - in English) there are all car models, regardless if they belong to BMW or Peugeot (please, see screenshot).
At this moment, there are just one Peugeot model, however, there will be more Car brands ("Marke vozila") and more car models, and under Car models there will be whole mess.

How is it possible to list just Car models of Car brands ("Modeli vozila of "Marke vozila") that is selected. For instance, if I am working in admin panel, adding new car ("Rabljena vozila"), I would choose BMW car brand, and after that I would get just BMW models... and not all models from all other brands - as it is now?

On the same screenshot - "how-to-translate-these-elements.jpg" - there are some text I wish to translate to Croatian. How is that possible?

Another question is regarding Parametric search. Please, see screenshot named "ALL-as-first-option-in-select-box-instead-of-blank-space.PNG".
How is it possible to change first blank option in select box with text "All" (in fact "Sve" - in Croatian). Now it is blank, and it's a bit confusing, because it shows all items, so it's more logical to write there "All", and not blank - because blank usually means "nothing".

Thank you very much.

Kindest regards.

Can you please provide site credentials, i will check where problem.

1. Is your WP-admin in Croatian?

2. for 'marku' control (in view edit) add attribute 'default_label'
[wpv-control default_label="Any"]
More info at: https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control

Thank you very much Ghennadi.
That was easy, I just add that and it works. Great.
However, there are still a few problems i that ticket (the one you mentioned it the last one). Can you please see how to solve them. They are even more important then this problem regarding "All" in select boxes.

P.S. Yes, admin panel is in Croatian language.

Thank you very much.
Kindest regards,

Sinisa Sinjori

1. You can't hide posts from dropdown in admin panel. It's always load all posts.

2. I don't know why it's not translated. I need to check it. But, you can try WPML String Translation plugin for translate these strings.

cant save translation.PNG

Thank you Ghennadi,

1. I don't wish to hide posts from dropdown. I mean, I don't want "just to hide some of the posts".
Instead, I wish the same system we have on frontend. Two select boxes, one with car brands, and one with car models. Once customer choose desired car brand, in second select box he will see just models that belong to that brand.
Now, we have all brands and all models. It's a bit confusing - at worse, you can choose one brand and model that doesn't belong to that brand.
Of, if I remove the brands (I can to that, with redefining post relationship - I tried that and it works), there will still be select box with all models. Once there will be mix of car models from all car brands, there will be a mess. Is there any solution for that? What do you suggest?

2 To be able to use String translation plugin, I would have to buy and install WPML (whole package, and I will need just that plugin). That's much more expensive solution then I (and my customer) have planned.
However, i found the original .po file (types.po), and I plan to translate some strings. I have opened it with Poedit, but can't save it after changes. In fact I can't save it even without any change. If I just open it, and try to save, I am getting error. Please, see image attached with error description.
Do you know how to avoid that error, so I can create .mo file?
Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa Sinjori

1. We not have solutions for this right now. Maybe in future we will add it to Types.

2. What error show Poedit?

Hi Ghennadi,

You can see Poedit error on screenshot in my previous message.

Thank you in advanced.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa

You can try online .PO editor at hidden link
All .po files can be edited using this service.

Thank you very much Ghennadi.
This was helpful, because I was able to translate my po file (and now problem in admin panel is solved).
Note sure why I wasn't able to translate it with my PoEdit (because I used it in past without problem). However, that's not important in this case.

Thank you once again.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa Sinjori

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.