Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Struggling with pagination

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinM-4 9 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
pagination.png

Hi,

I'm trying to get pagination to work with a parametric search view, but something going wrong! Not sure if the pagination should be within the filter, or the layout, or both!

It's at hidden link

Basically, I'd like to add prev/next arrows roughly like the red in the picture but dont know what code to add where.

Any help very much appreciated!

Martin

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You can insert pagination controls with filter, layout or both. As you can see the 'Pagination' button on toolbar of both sections.

That includes the prev and next controls, which you can place before and after the results separately. Then, you can style these as you require.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

Thanks Waqas,

I've tried placing the pagination codes in the layout but nothing shows (including posts) so presuming I'm putting them somewhere wrong or have wrong codes?

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-pagination][wpv-pager-prev-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-prev-page]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
   <wpv-loop>
     [wpv-post-body view_template="expeditions-content-template"]
   </wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-pager-next-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-next-page][/wpv-pagination]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<strong>No items found</strong>[/wpml-string]
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Is my latest attempt but nothing shows... any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks 🙂

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

param-search-with-pagination.png

I am sorry if you are having problems with this. Let me explain it in a different way.

A view particularly created as "Display the results as a parametric search", does not offer pagination controls and will result in the same, as you're experiencing.

However, a view created as "Display the results with pagination", offers parametric search result features. There you can include pagination controls as required, and as I mentioned earlier.

When creating a view, where you want to utilize parametric search features, as well as pagination. I will recommend you to select "Display the results with pagination" type of view upon creation. As shown in the screen shot attached here.

I hope this will help you rebuilding your particular view, as per your requirement.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

Awesome, thank you I've got it working great now 😀

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.