Skip Navigation

[Closed] The upgrade appears to have broken the custom types integration

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 9 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a content type called TV, within this I have a type field called "fashion-tube-embed" - previously this is where Vimeo/You Tube etc iframe codes were posted to then appear in specific places on those pages - altogether it looked like this: "[types field="fashion-tube-embed"][/types]" and this displayed the videos correctly. Having done the update today to try and fix a different issue with the searches, these pages now show a 404 error inside of an iframe instead of the video content. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Hi jamesG-3,

What URL are you using in custom field "fashion-tube-embed",
Here is a test site for you:
hidden link

Could you duplicate same problem in it?

The url is <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/101734358?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=030303" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

and similar... it worked right up until the update. I am happy to give you access to the site if that's easiest?

Thanks!

How do you setup the custom field "fashion-tube-embed"?

I setup it as a single line field:
hidden link

and put it into a test post with raw output mode,
hidden link

I got "Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here."
Is it expected result?

That is not expected as a result. Here is another page to give a better example of the issue however: hidden link

Could you duplicate same problem in above test site?
hidden link

user/pass: xgren/111111
I need a live website to debug this problem, Thanks

I will try it now... as an FYI, this page hidden link also now doesn't work, which pulls from external sources also. There was a full feed available at hidden link and when placed inside of the site it now longer works (this also worked before the update)

Okay, within the testing space it works perfectly, so I am assuming there must be some conflict in my site? Sorry about this and thanks for the help!

Please let me know if you need more assistance for it. thanks

I do indeed. It seems what is happening on the videos is it is interpreting the iframe as an internal link it cannot find. If you would like a login please let me know

Please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme,
2) enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the actions you mentioned above, and post the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

If the problem still exists, please fill below private details box with the login detail of your test site, also point out the problem page URL, thanks

Thanks - to clarify, is this likely to stop anything else working long term or can plugins be relatively easily turned on and off without causing issues?

You can backup your database with some mysql tools, for example "phpmyadmin", then deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, it is safe whenever you need to restore your website.

The topic ‘[Closed] The upgrade appears to have broken the custom types integration’ is closed to new replies.