Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Classified Auto Expiration vs. Expiry Date for new ad

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 9 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

Hello-

I set up cred forms for three products and all have (different) automatic expiration dates set within the forms. However, on my add a new ad page, there's an expiry date field that the user can set too.

-Does this setting the user can input have no effect on the actual expiration date set in the cred form?

-I would like to remove this option from my form, but want to make sure I am doing it correctly/completely. If I remove the following lines from the cred form, would that be all I need to do to cleanly remove this option?

<li class="expiry-date-cf">
                  <label>[wpml-string context="cred-form-Add new weekly ad"]Expiry Date[/wpml-string]</label>
                  [cred_field field="expiry-date" post="listing" value="" urlparam=""]
              </li>

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Removing that code, will remove the input from the posts, but the expiry settings on the Form, will take effect as a global setting.

Does that answers your question? Otherwise can you please send me screen shots of your form in edit mode and the posts where you see that expiry input?

Hi Waqas-

I think that answers my question, but I'll write it out here once more for confirmation.

Removing that code from the form will remove the option for the user to set an expiration, but because I had an expiration set in the cred form, whatever they input didn't matter anyway, correct?

If I understood correctly, feel free to resolve this. I just wanted you to see it first in case I misunderstood. Thanks for the help. 🙂

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Yes of course, removing the code from the form will disable per-post-basis expiry, while keeping it with Form settings will act as a global implementation (same for all posts).

Thank you for understanding, I am resolving this thread now. Please feel free to open a new thread, whenever needed.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Classified Auto Expiration vs. Expiry Date for new ad’ is closed to new replies.