Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trying to import an Xml file .. but the import button is greyed out

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by georgeL-4 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

I am trying to: import a xml file , the import button is greyed out, I need this file to continue the installation of the theme

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Can you please upgrade to latest Types version (1.6.6.2) and try an import again? Please let me know if this works.

I updated to 1.6.6.2 and I still have the same issue

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback.

Can I ask for a temporary access to your site? So I can look for more details.

I have enabled your next reply as private, please input all details in that area. Please mention the links to the pages, views, forms, CPTs and configurations in question.

Please take a backup of your site, before proceeding.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 22.02.42.png

When the button is grayed out, it means that WordPress/PHP can't write to the temporary folder.
Maybe it just doesn't exist. You should contact your hosting provider about this.

As a workaround, have you tried pasting the contents of the XML file in the textarea below?

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the access information. Can you please confirm around the lines which were mentioned by Caridad? These can help resolving the issue apparently, please let me know, thanks.

I have asked my provider to verify the security on the server. I will let you know as soon as i get an answer

Waqas
Supporter

Sure, thanks.

Thank you for your support.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was away for a week

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.