Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable add new custom fields – Fatal Error occurs

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

After updating to the most current version of Types (1.6.3), I am now unable to add more custom fields via the admin access to Types. When I click on a field type to add it to the current group, all that happens is the loading animation, indefinitely or until it times out. All of the custom fields I have already set up are working fine throughout the site. I can great a new post (custom post) and populate the fields without any issues, however I haven't completed the site and still have some fields I need to add.

Any ideas of where to start?

Dear Jesse

Could it be a problem with max_input_vars? Can you try increasing this value?

https://toolset.com/faq/why-do-i-get-a-500-server-error-when-editing-a-view/

Regards
Caridad

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it is highly unlikely. I only have about 11 custom fields per post and about 32 posts. If the default limit is 1000 I shouldn't be anywhere near it. Any other suggestions?

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 10.53.47 AM.JPG

Also, when i enable WP_DEBUG, I see Warning: Missing Argument messages all over the site. Though all of the custom fields are working as they should. I have included a photo as well.

Dear Jesse

I think those warnings are harmless. The second parameter to types_render_field() is required even if its empty.

echo types_render_field( 'my-field', array() );

Can you share access so I can see the problem in my browser?

You can use the boxes below the comment area, after you agree to the disclaimer.

Thanks
Caridad

i am running a virtual server using MAMP, so the site is only on my local server. Can you still get access to it? Or, does it have to be online?

Below is the full message I see in the custom fields section of Types when I try to add a new field (with DEBUG enabled):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/artery/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/common/expression-parser/parser.php on line 1898

Dear Jesse,

I will try to resolve it without access.

In this case you need to add the following line to wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96m');

Let me know if this helps or not.

Regards
Caridad

I tried your last suggestion. It had no effect on the problem.

Did the error message change (the number of bytes) when you added that line?

If you can share access I will take a deeper look.

Regards
Caridad

Let me know when you are able to share access and we will continue working on your problem.

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable add new custom fields – Fatal Error occurs’ is closed to new replies.