Skip Navigation

[Closed] Widget cell sends side-by-side content to bottom of page

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 9 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I set up a Layout with a Widget Cell taking up the first four spots, and a Views Content Grid taking up the remaining eight. It pushes my Views Content Grid to the bottom of the page. I'm not sure if it's my chosen Views Content Grid, but I don't think so. The site is in maintenance mode (not open yet), so I will need to provide a login to you.

Hi harryT,

Please check your content template, if there is any broken tags in it, such as not-closed div tag.
If the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private details box with login details,
Also point the problem layout URL and problem page URL, I need a live website to debug this problem, thanks

I have experienced the same issue on a live site: hidden link. I have given you access.

Thanks, I logged into your website, but I am not sure where should I check.
Could you point out the problem layout URL and problem page URL? thanks

The "Main" Layout (only one). It's applied to all Pages (there are no Posts), so the front page would do, for starters. Attempts to create a Content Template Widget area failed, so none are applied in the Layout.

The Layout, as created, should have the Post Content in the first 9 spaces, and the Widget Area in the last 3. The Widget Area is being shunted to the bottom.

Please try the latest version of Toolset Bootstrap theme 1.4, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-bootstrap/

And feedback if the problem is fixed or not.

No joy. Still on the bottom.

Thanks for the details,
1) I have setup your layout setting option "CSS Framework" to "Bootstrap 2"
hidden link
2) And edit the problem layout "Main",, Row 2, cell 1, the codes in it from:

<div class="row-fluid">

<div class="span9">
      <h1>[wpv-post-title]</h1>
      [wpv-post-body view_template="None"]
  	</div>
</div>

To:

<h1>[wpv-post-title]</h1>
      [wpv-post-body view_template="None"]

hidden link

Please check the result page, if the problem is fixed or not.

That's it. Thank you.

So, why did Bootstrap 2 work and not Bootstrap3?

It is very strange, I tested in my localhost with your settings, both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap3 work fine in my localhost, I forward the problem to our developers, will feedback if there is any news.

Could you make a database dump file, and fill FTP access details with the downloadable url for the database dump file, I need debug in my localhost, thanks

SQL file is in folder listed in FTP.

While you're there, please check out the "Search" function. Typing any term in the Search box just takes the user to an empty page with the words "Tag cloud." Clicking on an item in the tag cloud does work, though.

Thanks for the details, I am trying to check in your website, will feedback if there is any found.

I need time to duplicate same problem and debug in my localhost, will feedback if there is any found.

The topic ‘[Closed] Widget cell sends side-by-side content to bottom of page’ is closed to new replies.