For the following tutorial, no extra PHP is required. Toolset saves you loads of time when building advanced websites.
And, a lot more. Ready? Let’s get started!
To start with Toolset and WPBakery Page Builder, make sure you have the following plugins installed and activated on your website:
- WPBakery Page Builder – as a standalone plugin or bundled with a Theme.
- Types – allows you to create custom post types, custom fields, and custom taxonomies.
- Views – helps you display lists of your content and archives on the front-end, including custom searches for your visitors.
- CRED – enables users to submit content via front-end forms, registration forms, and login/logout forms.
- Access – allows you to add custom user roles and to control the access to content on the front-end for each user role.
- Maps – allows you to display your content on Google Maps.
- WooCommerce Views – helps you design product templates and much more.
- Other Toolset components, according to your project.
Toolset allows you to expand your site by creating and displaying custom content beyond that offered by WordPress and WPBakery Page Builder by default. Before building any advanced features, you need to create and organize the content of your site. This includes creating custom post types (like “Tours” or “Events”), adding custom fields to them (like “Price of the Tour” or “Event Date”), and finally, creating custom taxonomies (like “Type of Tours”) to categorize the content.
The steps to create all the custom elements mentioned above are the same for all themes or page builders. To learn more about how to do this, please visit our page on creating custom post types, fields, and taxonomies. When you’re done reading, return to this guide to continue.
To summarize, we have built the basics of our advanced site by populating it with custom post types, taxonomies, and fields as shown in the following table.
To display your custom post type on the front-end, you need to create a content template.
If you need assistance with using Toolset in combination with WPBakery Page Builder, please visit our professional support forum dedicated to this topic.