Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] font-awesome version – toolset starter theme

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 9 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Shane hace 6 años, 9 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

Version 1.4.2 (May 2017) appears to be referencing older v4.4 of font-awesome - causing newer icons (such as those in v4.7) to not display.

Can you please share an appropriate custom function to override the older theme call, to assure the latest version of FA is loading.

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I believe these asses will be updated whenever our theme updates. In the meantime you can try using the following plugin in order to do this.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/black-studio-tinymce-widget/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

From what I can tell, TS theme v1.4.2 came out in May 2017. But the version of FA it is referencing is 4.4, which closed in July 2015.

If you're saying that *from now on* the FA version being referenced will be updated along with the theme, then great, that would definitely help. But that doesn't appear to have been the case to this point.

Regarding a fix, seems just need to dequeue/deregister/requeue etc. based on this line in the TS theme functions:.php

wp_register_style( 'font_awesome', '//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.4.0/css/font-awesome.min.css', array(), null );

Figured you might already have a CF handy for this purpose.

Curious why you recommend the black studio tiny-mce plugin for this?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Arthur,

I couldve suggested a code solution as you did but I thought that using the Font-awesome plugin would've been an easier solution since you will more likely get the updates to the icon package quicker especially for users who don't know how to code.

Thanks,
Shane

I see - so that plugin has FA in it? My only reservation with a plugin is that I don't want multiple resources loading, so still would need to deregister/dequeue the Toolset Starter Theme version I think (unless the plugin somehow addresses this)...

Well anyway I will just see if I can come up with the required functions for the moment.

I know it's not easy to keep up with everything, though you guys do a better job than most - but if you could find a way to have the FA call in Starter Theme checked/updated with upcoming releases, that would be the best resolution for this. It seems like you are keeping up with it in the plugin already, but that only appears to effect the admin (such as when front-end editing).

Thanks much

Shane
Supporter

Hi Arthur,

I understand the concerns about loading multiple instances of the same recourses. However I could make a suggestion of this to our development team.

Thanks,
Shane

El foro ‘Types Community Support’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.