Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] I cannot style post content using css or html

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by DoggieRescue hace 6 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

I have spent hours and hours on this and I'm sure it is something silly: but I am trying to create a view of normal wp posts, but I can't modify the "default" text colors that come out. I am using the toolset starter theme.

All I want for the post content is black text on a white background; but the default text color appears to be white. I have tried with inline html and also using the css editor, but nothing seems to have any effect.

Can you please help? The attached images are the final effort I have made to change the color, but the post-link is coming out red, not blue (I set the red in the theme css color customizer). The post-content is coming out white. But the Post date comes out the color I asked for (dark grey). Confused.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 10.17.46 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 10.18.30 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 10.21.58 pm.png

I'm not sure if I attached those images correctly, here they are again.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the website so that I can have a look a this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, sure, here it is. It is just a site for me to play around at the moment and learning how to use toolset. Home page of this site: hidden link

Possibly the more more correct question to ask is where are the fonts, colors etc defined for the tags h1, h2, p etc for the toolset starter theme? I can't find them anywhere to change/overwrite them.

Thanks, Mark.

OK, I have at last found a solution which works for now so you can close this query.

For reference I downloaded the child theme, and changed the fonts in the custom css section of the theme customizer. For some reason this approach did not work when I changed the css of the parent theme without having the child theme installed.

Thanks for help.
M.

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 11.41.33 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 11.42.01 am.png

Ha Ha! I lied. I thought I had a solution but in fact this does not work. I'll show you some screenshots; first in admin mode when I change the custom CSS in the theme - THIS IS WHAT I WANT AND EXPECT TO SEE!! Second in the live site after the admin site is minimised. Somewhere deep in you code the site settings are being over-ridden and I can't find out where.

OK now I really have fixed it - I tried to replicate the page in error by starting from scratch. All was working fine until I reloaded a previously created Grid and content template.

Then the font went white instead of black - in a totally different section! I discovered in the grid some custom css which must have been affecting everything else. I don't know why, but now that I have removed this custom css everything is working as per the spec.

Many thanks,
Mark.

El foro ‘Types Community Support’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.