Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 504 error admin-ajax.php

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have three sliders on the front page of my site that are all using AJAX pagination. I understand that Views uses admin-ajax.php for this (I have read the explanation on this page: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/why-is-cred-referring-to-admin-ajax-php/). Unfortunately, the sliders are experiencing some lag due to admin-ajax.php (the overall site speed appears to be affected as well).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I have disabled all but the Toolset plugins. I am seeing the same issue on both URLs.

Can you help me fix this issue? I have attached the GTMetrix data screenshots for the staging site showing the time it is taking to Post as well as a screenshot of the console when loading the front page of the staging site showing the 504 errors.

Solution:

Since you are using 3 Must-Use plugins and 1 Drop-ins pugin
And a custom theme "Hoopers Island Oyster Co Theme"

After the client removed an external social media feed on the homepage and that appeared to solve the problem.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
hoopers.staging.wpengine_admin-ajax.png
hoopers.staging.wpengine_admin-ajax_post_data.png

I am trying to:

I have three sliders on the front page of my site that are all using AJAX pagination. I understand that Views uses admin-ajax.php for this (I have read the explanation on this page: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/why-is-cred-referring-to-admin-ajax-php/). Unfortunately, the sliders are experiencing some lag due to admin-ajax.php (the overall site speed appears to be affected as well).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

My site is hidden link. I also have a staging site set up (hidden link) where I have disabled all but the Toolset plugins. I am seeing the same issue on both URLs.

Can you help me fix this issue? I have attached the GTMetrix data screenshots for the staging site showing the time it is taking to Post as well as a screenshot of the console when loading the front page of the staging site showing the 504 errors.

I have provided access creds to the staging site.

Ellen

Dear Ellen,

Thanks for the details, I assume we are talking these three views in your home page:

[wpv-view name="slider-top-image"]
[wpv-view name="child-slider-widget-view-bottom-left"]
[wpv-view name="child-slider-widget-view-bottom-right"]

Since you are using 3 Must-Use plugins and 1 Drop-ins pugin
hidden link
hidden link

And a custom theme "Hoopers Island Oyster Co Theme"
hidden link

In case there is any other compatibility problem, I create another post, with above three view shortcodes:
hidden link

And test it in the front-end:
hidden link

In my Chrome browser, the loads time is 1.65 second, and there isn't any 504 error, can you confirm it?
Can you duplicate same problem in above post:
the sliders are experiencing some lag due to admin-ajax.php (the overall site speed appears to be affected as well).

I am intermittently seeing the error on the page you created (hidden link). I will do some more testing and get back to you next week.

OK, please update this thread if you need more assistance.

We can close this ticket. We removed an external social media feed on the homepage and that appeared to solve the problem. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Ellen

You are welcome

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.