Skip Navigation

[Resolved] access not working

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to get access to work properly.

[toolset_access role="Administrator" operator="allow"]Allow Admin[/toolset_access]
[toolset_access role="Administrator" operator="deny"]Deny Admin[/toolset_access]
[toolset_access role="Guest" operator="allow"]All Guest[/toolset_access]
[toolset_access role="Guest" operator="deny"]Deny Guest[/toolset_access]

------------

It doesnt matter if i'm logged in as administrator or if i'm visiting the site as a guest.... The following two codes are showing in both situations....

[toolset_access role="Administrator" operator="deny"]Deny Admin[/toolset_access]

---------

Any ideas whats going wrong?

(my previous thread on this has been closed, i've updated the plugin and the problem has not been resolved yet....)

I don't see anything wrong with the code you are using, so I'll need a bit more information.

- How you are testing logins? For example, do you have two different browsers open, like Chrome and Firefox?
- Do you have any other 3rd party plugins enabled? If so, please temporarily disable them and test again.
- Please temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen and test again.
- How are you including this code - in the body of a post or page, or in a Content Template, or a Layout Visual Editor cell, etc? Please share a screenshot of your code in place in wp-admin
- Is this available online somewhere I can test?

Thanks for your reply Christian.

- Ive tried on different computers and browsers
- I've disabled all plugins
- I've switched themes
- Ive included the code in the body of the page
- Ive entered my condentials @ https://toolset.com/forums/topic/access-not-working-3/
( Find an example @ greatminds.media/access-2 )

post.png
admin.png
guest.png

( Find an example @ greatminds.media/access-2 )
Okay I've visited greatminds.media/access-2 and I see the following:
"I am an Guest"

However this does not seem to be related to the code you pasted earlier:

[toolset_access role="Administrator" operator="allow"]Allow Admin[/toolset_access]
[toolset_access role="Guest" operator="deny"]Deny Guest[/toolset_access]

What am I missing? I must not understand.

When I test this out on a clean site installation using Toolset Starter, I see "Deny Admin" and "All Guest" as a guest and "Allow Admin" and "Deny Guest" as an admin user. See the attached screenshots.

May I take a look at your site's wp-admin area to see if I can understand what is happening? Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Troy,

Since Christian is currently on vacation i'll be handling this ticket for you.

I took a look at this for you and ran a few tests to see if I can replicate this. In the end the shortcodes worked as intended.

Would you mind if I grab a duplicate of this website to perform some more testing ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Thnx Shane. Allright. Patiently waiting. Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Troy,

Since this is a multisite could you install the duplicator plugin for me and then activate it for this particular site.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I've installed the plugin. Do I have to configure anything?

You can find it @ hidden link

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.46.25 AM.png

Hi, sorry for ping-pong with Shane but he's out today and I'm back on. I noticed that the webmaster user doesn't have a traditional Administrator or Guest role, so the results here aren't exactly what you're expecting. Please see the attached screenshot.

I take it webmaster is a super admin user? Does the conditional work as expected for the "flywheel" user, a standard "Administrator"?

Reassigning myself to this ticket, and awaiting your response. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.