Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activating Toolset with my Divi child theme broke the web site

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Install Toolset for the first time on my Divi child theme - this is an existing web site.

We have an established Divi web site using a child theme. I want to be able to use the Toolset program within our Divi site, I DON'T want Toolset to take over the web site. Yet when I activated the Toolset plugins my entire site layout went haywire on the front end. I deactivated everything except the types plugin.

Also the Divi Integration plugin would not activate. It kept saying I needed to activate the Divi theme, which I can't do as I use the child theme.

After working through the test site tutorial, we purchased a lifetime account. I am hoping there is something I am missing on the initial installation that will make this work properly.

I don't want my entire web site or Divi theme setup to change. I just want to be able to create directory pages and custom searches with Toolset. The rest I want to remain Divi.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi, based on what you would like to accomplish I would recommend not activating Layouts or the Divi Integration plugins for now. Activate Types and Views, and you should be able to continue using your Child Theme without Layouts taking over the design of your site. Divi Integration is the bridge for use with Layouts, so there's no need to activate it.

You'll be able to use Views to set up custom searches, results, and archives, and you can use Types to define custom post types, fields, and taxonomies. Please let me know if this does not help get you back up and running, or if I can guide you to some additional information.

Thank you for the information. I was on vacation so didn't get to reply. I will be working on our Toolset today and will let you know if there are any issues.

Okay great, let me know if you run into issues.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.