Skip Navigation

[Resolved] agency website

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

# Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'd love to start a new agency website based on understrap theme: hidden link that is already based on bootstrap 4.

# Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yeah obviously all documentation here and the one from bootstrap 4 and understrap theme.

# Question
Is there a schedule with bootstrap 4 support? Any idea or input on the compatibility?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Firstly, please note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you will receive speedier service.

I asked but I'm afraid we don't have a clear answer as to when we will update Toolset to work specifically with Bootstrap 4 (which, technically, is still in beta). We will, of course, but the work is one of several competing priorities.

Toolset mostly uses Bootstrap for the grid plus some default styling for forms etc.

Looking at Bootstrap 4, much of the markup syntax is the same as with Bootstrap 3.

So I'd suggest you simply give it a try and see if it behaves as you'd expect it to.

(You will probably want to choose the option that the theme is already loading Bootstrap 3 in Toolset > Settings.)

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.